Processing Your Request... Please Wait ...
Real-time Email Deliverability Check (New)
After uploading your file, you will specify the column with the email addresses. Then you will need to either login or create a new account, pay, and when processing is complete, download your results.
- Only TXT or CSV files can be uploaded. Excel and ODP Spreadsheets CAN NOT be processed as-is. If your data is in a spreadsheet, save it as Text (Tab delimited) or CSV (Comma delimited). Learn how.
- Your file can contain one or many (up to 20) columns in any order. Email addresses can be in any column.
- Columns can be separated by tab, comma or pipe (|). Unix, PC and Mac files are supported.
- Your file can have a header row with column titles or not have it.
- Please remove any blank rows or rows without email address from the file to avoid unexpected results. We do not check for duplicates. You are charged for each row of submitted data. Please remove duplicates and clean up data before processing if you do not wish to be charged for them.
- There is no limit on number of records. You can upload files with thousands or even millions of records. For large files, you will be able to schedule processing and get notified by email when processing is complete.
The results will be returned in a CSV (comma-separated values) text file. You can open CSV files with Excel. The file will contain all your original data with new columns added at the end.
- Status. Using Real-time verification in carrier billing systems and other advanced proprietory methods the following statuses are reported
- VALID - Email Address will be accepted by the receiving mail server for delivery. Note, you may see "false-positive" results with Yahoo, as their mail servers often say they will accept emails to non-extent accounts.
- INVALID - Mail Server will reject email or Email account does not exist or No mail server for the domain or Domain is not valid or Email format is incorrect. See Response column for details.
- UNKNOWN - Status cannot determined. Domain is valid, receicing mail server exists, but we did not get the reponse in time.
- Mail Server. Primary MX Server responsible for accepting email messages on behalf of a recipient's domain. Example: mx1.hotmail.com. We contact the mail server in real-time to check if message will be accepted to the specified email address. If mail server is does not exist, NOT FOUND will be returned.
- Response. Actual technical response from the mail server. If mail server does not exist or domain is not valid, we will say that in the Respone field. Maximim field length is 100 characters.
- Define Columns. We will show a preview of the uploaded file, where you will tell us which column contains email addresses.
- Review and Submit Your Order. We will show the processing cost, based on selected service and record count. Then, depending on the file size, you may be given one of the two options or both:
- Process Now - Wait for processing to complete, keeping the page open (5 seconds to 30 minutes).
- Schedule Processing - OK to close browser or use other SearchBug tools. You will receive email when file is ready (same or next day).
- Payment. This step a bit diffrent for exsting or new users.
- Existing users with a regular Pay-As-You-Go account; your saved credit card will be authorized for the shown amount. After your file is complete, we will use that authorization to charge your card.
- Existing users with a Prepaid account; your account balance will be used for the full payment.
- New Users will be asked to sign up and provide a credit card. It's a quick one-page registration process. Our system will authorize your credit card and charge it when your results are ready. Some new accounts may be put on hold for a verbal verification process. If your account is on hold and the timing of your results are critical, please call our office at(800)990-2939 during business hours.
- Download Results. With the 'Process Now' option, you will be able to download results immediately after processing. If you scheduled processing, we will send you an email with a link to download the results when ready. With both processing options, the output files can be found in My Account > Reports.
- First, we verify if domain (e.g. mycompany.com in firstname.lastname@example.org) exist, registered and valid.
- Second, we contact nameserver for the domain to find if MX record exist. MX Record tells that that there is a mail server to recieve incoming messages for the domain.
- Finally, we do a "hand-hake" with the Mail Server, asking if it will accept the message to the specified address. This is exactly what happens when you send actual email.
- Cost is based on number of records in your file and it goes down significantly with larger volumes.
- Cost range is from 5 to 0.5 cents per email, depending on volume. Volume tiers start at 100, 1,000 and 5,000.
- Use "Estimate your costs" above for a specific quote.
- There is a $5.00 Minimum Charge for any results
Contact Us by email or Call 800-990-2939 (Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 4:00 pm PST)