Bulk email verifier protects your emailing reputation.
Searchbug 27 point email email validation identifies valid, invalid, disposable, toxic, and catch-all email addresses from your list to prevent email bounces and increase email deliverability. We'll also identify Abuse addresses owned by users who often mark emails as Spam so your emails go to the inbox. Don't get labeled as a spam sender. Spam trap email addresses that do not belong to real people are also detected and identified.
Process just a few or more than a million records.
Upload TXT, CSV or Excel file to get started
This step usually takes a few seconds.
WHY USE SEARCHBUG?
and phone support
Low $7 minimum
Pay for matches
Your Customer data
is never shared or sold
Help and Instructions
How Should I Format the File I Upload?
- Text (*.txt, *.csv) and Excel (*.xlsx) files can be uploaded.
- Your file can contain up to 20 columns in any order. One column should contain email addresses.
- Columns can be separated by tab, comma or pipe (|). Unix, PC and Mac files are supported.
- Your file can have a header row with column titles or not have it.
- We do not check for duplicates or rows that contain blank or invalid records.
You are charged for each row of submitted data. Please remove duplicates and blank lines before processing, if you do not wish to be charged for them.
- There is no limit on number of records. You can upload files with thousands or even millions of records. You will be notified by email when processing is complete.
What Information Will Be Included In My Results?
The results will be returned in a CSV (comma-separated values) text file. You can open CSV files with Excel. The file will contain all your original data with New columns added at the end.
- STATUS. Using Real-time verification in carrier billing systems And other advanced proprietory methods the following statuses are reported
- VALID - Email Address will be accepted by the receiving mail server for delivery. Safe to email. Bounce rate is under 2%. Not a CATCH-ALL email (see below).
- INVALID - Mail Server will reject email or Email account does not exist or No mail server for the domain or Domain is not valid or Email format is incorrect. The results almost 100% accurate. See SUB-STATUS column for details.
- CATCH-ALL - Some corporate email servers, will always return a VALID response, whether the email address is actually valid or invalid. They do this to prevent people from harvesting real email addresses from their mail server. In other cases, mail operators collect all emails sent in valid invalid accounts (e.g., email@example.com) to the mail administrator will forward that email to a "catch-all" address, like firstname.lastname@example.org to review at all the emails sent to their mail server to see if anything important was sent to an invalid recipient.
- SPAMTRAP - An email address not used by a person, but actively monitored. If a spam trap receives an email, it will consider it as spam because that email address never opted in to receive emails.
- ABUSE - high risk emails, where recipient clicks the "Spam" link often.
- DONOTMAIL - either a group email (SUB-STATUS = role_based) or a possible trap. Do not use.
- UNKNOWN - Status cannot determined. Domain is valid, receicing mail server exists, but we did not get the reponse in time. An anti-spam system might be blocking the access. You are not charged for UNKNOWNs.
- SUB-STATUS. Additional information, if available
- alias_address - forwards to a valid real address (e.g. email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- antispam_system - unknown email status due to anti-spam systems deployed at the server.
- does_not_accept_mail - domain can send, but not receive email
- exception_occurred - mail server error
- failed_smtp_connection - connection to mail server failed (likely invalid)
- failed_syntax_check - email format is invalid (e.g. name$mysite.com)
- forcible_disconnect - connection to mail server dropped (likely invalid)
- global_suppression - email is found in a global suppression list (GSL). Do not email.
- greylisted - temporarily unable to validate. You can try again later.
- leading_period_removed - valid gmail.com email address can start with a period '.' We will remove it, to make it compatible with all mailing systems
- mail_server_did_not_respond - server not responding to mail requests (likely invalid)
- mail_server_temporary_error - mail server reports a temporary error (likely invalid)
- mailbox_not_found - email account does not exist on the mail server
- mailbox_quota_exceeded - account exceeded their space quota and are not accepting emails
- no_dns_entries - domain is not valid or mail server does not exist
- possible_traps - do not send emails to this address
- role_based - a group email like email@example.com
- timeout_exceeded - no response from the server in 60 seconds. You can try again.
- unroutable_ip_address - emails domains point to an un-routable IP address
- DISPOSABLE. True (Yes) or False (No). Temporary email address created for the sole purpose to register without giving the real email address. Disposable emails may only last from a few minutes to a few months.
- TOXIC. True (Yes) or False (No). Domains are known for spam or abuse, and bot created email addresses.
- FIRST and LAST NAME*. The name of the owner of the email, when available.
- GENDER*. The gender of the owner of the email, when available.
- LOCATION*. The location of the owner of the email, when available.
* Do not expect Name, Gender and Location results in many results. Getting account owner details is not primary purpose of this tool. Use Append Batch to obtain name from email.
What Happens After I Upload the File?
Here is the overview of the next steps:
- Define Columns. We will show a preview of the uploaded file, where you will tell us which column contains phone numbers.
- Review and Submit Your Order. You wiill have a chance to review the processing cost and estimated time to process.
- Payment. This step a bit different for existing or new users.
- Existing users with a regular Pay-As-You-Go account: Your saved credit card will be authorized for the shown amount. After your file is complete, we will use that authorization to charge your card.
- Existing users with a Prepaid account: Your account balance will be used for the full payment.
- New Users will be asked to sign up and provide a credit card. It's a quick one-page registration process. Our system will authorize your credit card and charge it when your results are ready. Some new accounts may be put on hold for a verbal verification process. If your account is on hold and the timing of your results are critical, please call our office at (800) 990-2939 during business hours.
- Processing. If payment is successful and your account is in good standing, the processing will start immedeatly. You can close your browser or use other Searchbug tools. You will receive email when file is ready. The Batch Dashboard will allow you to monitor the progress and see details on all your recent batches.
- Download Results. We will send you an email with a link to download the results, when ready. The output files can be found in Your Account > Reports and the Batch Dashboard.
Where Does Your Information Come From?
- We verify if domain and mail server exist, registered and valid.
- Then we contact the mail server in the real-time asking if it will accept the message to the specified address.
- Finally, we use proprietary methods and data sources to identify spam trap, abuse, catch-all and disposable emails.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost is based on number of records in your file and it goes down significantly with larger volumes.
- Cost range is from $0.008 to $0.003 (0.8 to 0.3 cents) per email, depending on volume. Volume tiers start at 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000 and so on.
- Use PRICING CALCULATOR tool above for a specific quote.
- There is a $7.00 Minimum Charge for any results
- Search Tokens ($T) cannot be used as a payment for batch processing
Need Additional Help?
Contact Us by email or Call 800-990-2939 (Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 4:00 pm PST)