Bulk email verifier protects your emailing reputation.
Searchbug 27 point bulk email validation identifies valid, invalid, disposable, toxic, and catch-all email addresses from your list to prevent email bounces and increase email deliverability. We'll also identify Abuse addresses owned by users who often mark emails as Spam so your emails go to the inbox. Don't get labeled as a spam sender. Spam trap email addresses that do not belong to real people are also detected and identified.
Process just a few or more than a million records.
Upload TXT, CSV or Excel file to get started
This step usually takes a few seconds.
Email Verification Helps Companies Increase Engagement, Conversions, and Ensures Maximum In-Box Delivery So You Can Keep Bounces to a Minimum and Maintain A Good Email Reputation
We all know a bad email account
costs your company wasted time
Statistics show between 7% - 21% of all
email addresses entered on web forms and
registration sign-ups are either fake,
invalid, or mispelled.
TYPOS AND FAT
BUT WE CAN HELP.
Toxic Emails Remove emails that
have domains known
to be used by bots
Errors Identify invalid
formatting in email
Validation Ensure that the
emails you have are
valid and safe to email
Accept Identify if an address
can only send emails
and not receive them
Spam Traps Find out if an
email address is only
a spam trap
WHAT WILL SEARCHBUG CHECK and ADD TO MY FILE?
Valid or Invalid Email
- We will check to ensure the email address will be accepted by the receiving email server for delivery. Safe to email. The bounce rate is under 2%.
The results will be returned in a CSV (comma-separated values) text file. You can open CSV files with Excel. The file will contain all your original data with New columns added at the end.
- STATUS. Using Real-time verification in carrier billing systems And other advanced proprietary methods the following statuses are reported
- VALID - Email Address will be accepted by the receiving mail server for delivery. Safe to email. Bounce rate is under 2%. Not a CATCH-ALL email (see below).
- INVALID - Mail Server will reject email or Email account does not exist or No mail server for the domain or Domain is not valid or Email format is incorrect. The results almost 100% accurate. See SUB-STATUS column for details.
- CATCH-ALL - Some corporate email servers, will always return a VALID response, whether the email address is actually valid or invalid. They do this to prevent people from harvesting real email addresses from their mail server. In other cases, mail operators collect all emails sent in valid invalid accounts (e.g., email@example.com) to the mail administrator will forward that email to a "catch-all" address, like firstname.lastname@example.org to review at all the emails sent to their mail server to see if anything important was sent to an invalid recipient.
- SPAMTRAP - An email address not used by a person, but actively monitored. If a spam trap receives an email, it will consider it as spam because that email address never opted in to receive emails.
- ABUSE - high risk emails, where recipient clicks the "Spam" link often.
- DONOTMAIL - either a group email (SUB-STATUS = role_based) or a possible trap. Do not use.
- UNKNOWN - Status cannot determined. Domain is valid, receiving mail server exists, but we did not get the response in time. An anti-spam system might be blocking the access. You are not charged for UNKNOWNs.
- SUB-STATUS. Additional information, if available
- alias_address - forwards to a valid real address (e.g. email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- antispam_system - unknown email status due to anti-spam systems deployed at the server.
- does_not_accept_mail - domain can send, but not receive email
- exception_occurred - mail server error
- failed_smtp_connection - connection to mail server failed (likely invalid)
- failed_syntax_check - email format is invalid (e.g. name$mysite.com)
- forcible_disconnect - connection to mail server dropped (likely invalid)
- global_suppression - email is found in a global suppression list (GSL). Do not email.
- greylisted - temporarily unable to validate. You can try again later.
- leading_period_removed - valid gmail.com email address can start with a period '.' We will remove it, to make it compatible with all mailing systems
- mail_server_did_not_respond - server not responding to mail requests (likely invalid)
- mail_server_temporary_error - mail server reports a temporary error (likely invalid)
- mailbox_not_found - email account does not exist on the mail server
- mailbox_quota_exceeded - account exceeded their space quota and are not accepting emails
- no_dns_entries - domain is not valid or mail server does not exist
- possible_traps - do not send emails to this address
- role_based - a group email like email@example.com
- timeout_exceeded - no response from the server in 60 seconds. You can try again.
- unroutable_ip_address - emails domains point to an un-routable IP address
- DISPOSABLE. True (Yes) or False (No). Temporary email address created for the sole purpose to register without giving the real email address. Disposable emails may only last from a few minutes to a few months.
- TOXIC. True (Yes) or False (No). Domains are known for spam or abuse, and bot created email addresses.
- FIRST and LAST NAME*. The name of the owner of the email, when available.
- GENDER*. The gender of the owner of the email, when available.
- LOCATION*. The location of the owner of the email, when available.
* Do not expect Name, Gender and Location results in many results. Getting account owner details is not primary purpose of this tool. Use Append Batch to obtain name from email.
Email Address a Catch-All
- Some corporate email servers will always return a Valid response regardless if the email address is actually valid or invalid. They do this to prevent people from harvesting real email addresses from their email server.
- In other cases, email operators collect all emails sent as valid. Then valid accounts like firstname.lastname@example.org are sent to the email administrator which forwards that email to a "catch-all" address, like email@example.com to review all the emails sent to their email server to see if anything important was sent to an invalid recipient.
- This is an email address that is not used by a person but is actively monitored. If a spam trap receives an email it will be considered as spam because that email address never opted in to receive emails and you should purge them from your list.
High-risk Abuse Email
- If the recipient clicks the Spam button often to report it, his/her email is considered an Abuse email address and you should purge it.
"Do Not Use" Email
- Group email addresses or a role-based emails are a possible traps. You should purge email addresses we label as Do Not Use.
- We will provide a True (Yes) or False (No) designation on your returned email validation file. A temporary or disposable email address is created for the sole purpose of registering without giving the real email address. Disposable emails may only last from a few minutes to a few months.
Toxic Email Address
- We will provide a True (Yes) or False (No) designation on your returned email validation file. The Domains in these email addresses are known for spam or abuse and are often bot created email addresses.
- The Unknown status means our system cannot determine the validity of this address. The domain is valid, the receiving email server exists, but we did not get a response in a timely manner.
- Possible reasons for this are that an anti-spam system may be blocking our system access.
- You are not charged for Unknown responses but we would suggest purging these or sending a re-opt-in campaign.
- First and Last Name are sometimes associated with an email address validation and We will provide it when available.
- The gender of the owner of the email may also be available for some of the email addresses on your list. If available, it will be included.
- The location of the owner of the email is rarely provided however we do sometimes obtain this information and if available it will be included.
- If you want to append name or other personal information for an email address please try our Batch Append tool to obtain a name from an email address.
- We will tell you if the email address is an alias_address. Meaning the address you have forwards to a valid real address (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com)
- We will tell you if we encountered an antispam_system - unknown email status due to anti-spam systems deployed at the server.
- We will tell you if the email address in your file has a does_not_accept_mail server meaning the domain can send, but not receive email
- We will tell you if an exception_occurred meaning the email server has an error receiving email for that address.
- We will tell you if we receive a failed_smtp_connection error meaning the connection to email server failed which makes the email address likely invalid but we didnâ€™t receive a definitive email invalid response.
- We will tell you if any email address has an invalid format with a failed_syntax_check. Meaning the email address is not formatted properly such as "Joe Smith
" or Mikesmeial@gmai. or Bob@@123domain.com for example.
- We will tell you if the connection to the email server dropped which likely means the email address is invalid and We will designate those with a forcible_disconnect status message.
- We will tell you if the email is found in a global suppression list (GSL) which means you should not send email due to a Global_suppression status. We recommend purging these from your list as well.
- We will tell you if the email address is temporarily unable to validate. Meaning the email is in a GreyList. You can either try the check this one again later or remove it from your list but you should not send anything to it at this time.
- We will tell you if a gmail.com email address is valid even though it starts with a period '.' and We will designate your list with a leading_period_removed. We will actually remove it for you so itâ€™s compatible with all mailing systems.
- We will tell you if the email server is not responding to mail requests which also make the email address likely invalid and we suggest removing these as well. These email addresses will have mail_server_did_not_respond designated in our returned file to you.
- We will tell you if the mail server reports a temporary error which also makes the email address likely invalid and we suggest removing these as well. These email addresses will have mail_server_temporary_error designated in our returned file to you.
- We will tell you if the email account does not exist on the mail server and designate those with a mailbox_not_found so you can purge these from your list and save the hassle of cleaning bounced emails afterward, also saving your email reputation.
- We will tell you if the account exceeded their space quota and are not accepting emails and designate those addresses with a mailbox_quota_exceeded so you can purge these from your list as well. Remember that bounced emails are harmful so you want to avoid sending any email that can potentially bounce. When users exceed quotas it typically indicates an email account they donâ€™t use often or use for opt-ins knowing they rarely if ever check them. Donâ€™t waste time sending emails to them.
- We will tell you if the domain is not valid or the mail server does not exist with the designation no_dns_entries so you can purge these from your list and save the hassle with the bounce and save your email reputation.
- We will tell you if the email address is a possible trap and should not send emails to this address. These will be designated with possible_traps and should be removed from your list.
- We will tell you if the email address is a "role_based" email address meaning itâ€™s part of a group email like firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will tell you if there is no response from the server in 60 seconds with a timeout_exceeded error. This means you can try again if you like.
- We will tell you if the email domain points to an un-routable IP address with the designation unroutable_ip_address. We recommend purging these from your list as well.
Help and Instructions
How Should I Format the File I Upload?
- Text (*.txt, *.csv) and Excel (*.xlsx) files can be uploaded.
- Your file can contain up to 20 columns in any order. One column should contain email addresses.
- Columns can be separated by tab, comma or pipe (|). Unix, PC and Mac files are supported.
- Your file can have a header row with column titles or not have it.
- We do not check for duplicates or rows that contain blank or invalid records.
You are charged for each row of submitted data. Please remove duplicates and blank lines before processing, if you do not wish to be charged for them.
- There is no limit on number of records. You can upload files with thousands or even millions of records. You will be notified by email when processing is complete.
What Happens After I Upload the File?
Here is the overview of the next steps:
- Define Columns. We will show a preview of the uploaded file, where you will tell us which column contains phone numbers.
- Review and Submit Your Order. You wiill have a chance to review the processing cost and estimated time to process.
- Payment. This step a bit different for existing or new users.
- Existing users with a regular Pay-As-You-Go account: Your saved credit card will be authorized for the shown amount. After your file is complete, we will use that authorization to charge your card.
- Existing users with a Prepaid account: Your account balance will be used for the full payment.
- New Users will be asked to sign up and provide a credit card. It's a quick one-page registration process. Our system will authorize your credit card and charge it when your results are ready. Some new accounts may be put on hold for a verbal verification process. If your account is on hold and the timing of your results are critical, please call our office at (800) 990-2939 during business hours.
- Processing. If payment is successful and your account is in good standing, the processing will start immedeatly. You can close your browser or use other Searchbug tools. You will receive email when file is ready. The Batch Dashboard will allow you to monitor the progress and see details on all your recent batches.
- Download Results. We will send you an email with a link to download the results, when ready. The output files can be found in Your Account > Reports and the Batch Dashboard.
Where Does Your Information Come From?
- We verify if domain and mail server exist, registered and valid.
- Then we contact the mail server in the real-time asking if it will accept the message to the specified address.
- Finally, we use proprietary methods and data sources to identify spam trap, abuse, catch-all and disposable emails.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost is based on number of records in your file and it goes down significantly with larger volumes.
- Cost range is from $0.008 to $0.003 (0.8 to 0.3 cents) per email, depending on volume. Volume tiers start at 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000 and so on.
- Use PRICING CALCULATOR tool above for a specific quote.
- There is a $9.00 Minimum Charge for any results
- Search Tokens ($T) cannot be used as a payment for batch processing
Need Additional Help?
Contact Us by email or Call 800-990-2939 (Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 4:00 pm PST)
Check it out, Run a test - It's only $9
Simply upload a file with up to 1400 email addresses
and we will give you all the details for only $9.
Using a thorough Email Validation system
helps improve your digital marketing ad
budget and your ROI by catching and
correcting invalida data before they enter
Now you can improve your email marketing and your
database quickly and securely with our self-service
batch processing or our API.
THE SEARCHBUG REAL-TIME EMAIL
VERIFICATION WILL CONDUCT A 27-POINT
CHECK TO ENSURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS LIST IS THE BEST IT CAN BE.
WHY USE SEARCHBUG?
and phone support
Low $9 minimum
You pay for
Your Customer data
is never shared or sold