Searchbug is based in the United States and the data available on the website is limited to the United States only.
Part I. Information Collection
Searchbug collects different types information through different means. Here are the details.
Personally Identifiable Information (data that can be used to identify or locate you).
- When you order our services or create an account, we will collect the data that is necessary to complete your purchase and prevent credit card fraud. The data includes your name, address, email address, telephone number, and a credit card number.
- When you fill out our customer service (comments, feedback or contact) form on searchbug.com, we will collect your name, email address and other information you may choose to provide (e.g. your phone number, order details) in order to help us answer your question or facilitate your request.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (data that cannot by itself be used to identify or locate you).
- During the normal usage of Searchbug, we will collect in Searchbug logs typical general usage information that may include time of your visit, your IP address, browser type, operating system, pages viewed, queries submitted, the referring URL, and other similar technical details.
- When you have an account with Searchbug, we also collect history of your purchased searches and billing to make this data available to you in the reports and usage statistics.
- Searchbug, Inc. is a California-based business and is subject to CalOPPA requirements to post the Do Not Track (DNT) disclosure.
Searchbug does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to DNT signals.
- If you are a resident of California, you have additional data rights under the California Privacy Protection Act (CCPA). You can review your rights and how to exercise them here.
Part II. Information Usage
Searchbug has a very restricted and limited use of the collected information. Generally, we use information gathered from you to complete your orders, prevent fraud, provide you with a better user experience, and to improve our services and Searchbug.
We use your e-mail address only for the purposes of communicating with you on the subject of your original request.
We use Searchbug logs to generate aggregated usage statistics regarding and for audit purposes only.
- We DO NOT use information collected from registration for any research or advertising purposes.
- We DO NOT create visitor profiles based on browsing history or searched information.
- We DO NOT disclose searches you perform to the subject persons.
- We DO NOT sell or share your data.
- We ONLY use your email address to communicate with you in accordance to the CAN-SPAM ACT
We also use information you provide as required and/or permitted by law, including: to establish, assert, or defend our rights and/or the rights of third parties. We reserve the right to trace our logs upon request from the Police or Court in connection with abuse or criminal investigation.
If our policy on information collection or uses changes, you will be notified by a message on the Searchbug homepage upon login.
Your continued use of Searchbug is your acknowledement and approval of any ammendments or changes.
Part III. Problem Resolution
If problems arise or to block the display of their personal listings, users may contact us by e-mail at