Processing Your Request... Please Wait ...
Identify Landline vs Cell Phone, Carrier and Active vs Disconnected
* Line type accuracy is for Landline vs Cell Phone. Some VoIP numbers may be reported as Landlines.
- Only TXT or CSV files can be uploaded. Excel and ODP Spreadsheets CAN NOT be processed as-is. If you have phone data in a spreadsheet, save it as Text (Tab delimited) or CSV (Comma delimited). Learn how.
- Your file can contain up to 20 columns in any order.
- The phone number can be in any column and can be in any format (7604547301, 760-454-7301, (760) 454-7301, 17604547301, etc).
- Columns can be separated by tab, comma or pipe (|). Unix, PC and Mac files are supported.
- Your file can have a header row with column titles or not have it.
- Please remove any blank lines from the file to avoid unexpected results.
- We do not check for duplicates or rows that contain invalid records. You are charged for each row of submitted data. Please remove duplicates and clean up data before processing if you do not wish to be charged for them.
- There is no limit on number of records. You can upload files with thousands or even millions of records. For large files, you will be able to schedule processing and get notified by email when processing is complete.
The results will be returned in a CSV (comma-separated values) text file. You can open CSV files with Excel. The file will contain all your original data with new columns added at the end. See below on what's included for each service and field descriptions.
- Line Status. Using Real-time verification in carrier billing systems and other advanced proprietary methods the following statuses are reported
- ACTIVE - Phone number with active billing status
- INACTIVE - Disconnected phone number
- INVALID - Phone number does not exist (e.g. invalid area code or not issued)
- UNKNOWN - Status cannot determined
- Billing Name. For active landline numbers, billing name may be provided
- Line Type. Identifies how phone is connected to the network. For the Standard service it's the line type of the orginal carrier. The accuracy is still close to 95%, as vast majority of phone numbers have been transferred from one mobile carrier to another, keeping the line type unchanged. Carrier reported by Advanced and Active Phone Number services is 99.9% accurate.
- LANDLINE - Wired home or business phone number
- CELLULAR - Wireless mobile phone number
- VOIP - Landline number leased to a Voice over IP provider
- UNKNOWN - Invalid or not yet issued phone number
- OCN. Operating Company Number (Carrier ID)
- Carrier. Phone company (local exchange carrier) name. For the Standard service it's the original carrier (about 60% accurate due to number portability). Advanced and Active Phone Number services are 90% accurate, since porting is checked. Name discrepancy can occur when one carrier was acquired by another. For VOIP, will not see Vonage, Ooma, Google Voice or Skype, but rather a LANLINE carrier (e.g., BANDWIDTH.com, Level 3 Communications) that has leased a range of its phone numbers to a VoIP carrier.
- Date Ported. Date and time when phone number was last ported. We can report porting that occurred TODAY!
- SMS Email*. For active cell phone numbers, SMS email (e.g. email@example.com) is provided
- Location. Rate Center and/or Central Office location. It can be city name (SEATTLE), city abbreviation (NEWPORTBCH) or code (NWYRCYZN01)
- State. 2-letter code for US State or Canadian Province
- Time Zone. Time Zone of the phone number location (e.g. Eastern Daylight Time).
|Standard||Advanced||Active Phone Number|
*Sending SMS or MMS email to Mobile Numbers. This is the simplest way to send text messages from the Internet or from your computer to mobile phones. These email addresses essentially act as a direct link to a carriers SMS gateway. Keep in mind that the length of an SMS email should be kept to fewer than 160 characters. If you are sending MMS there is typically no character limit, however, large files may be rejected by the carrier. While SearchBug provides this information with our Advanced Line Type Service and Active Phone Number Check, you, the end user, should have customer consent to avoid any FCC regulation infractions such as TCPA.
SMS (Short Message Service) and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) are both used in mobile phones for non-voice communications. SMS is typically used to send text, while MMS is typically used to send images, music, animations, or other interactive documents, or files.
- Define Columns. We will show a preview of the uploaded file, where you will tell us which column contains phone numbers.
- Review and Submit Your Order. We will show the processing cost, based on selected service and record count. Then, depending on the file size, you may be given one of the two options or both:
- Process Now - Wait for processing to complete, keeping the page open (5 seconds to 30 minutes).
- Schedule Processing - OK to close browser or use other SearchBug tools. You will receive email when file is ready (same or next day).
- Payment. This step a bit different for existing or new users.
- Existing users with a regular Pay-As-You-Go account; your saved credit card will be authorized for the shown amount. After your file is complete, we will use that authorization to charge your card.
- Existing users with a Prepaid account; your account balance will be used for the full payment.
- New Users will be asked to sign up and provide a credit card. It's a quick one-page registration process. Our system will authorize your credit card and charge it when your results are ready. Some new accounts may be put on hold for a verbal verification process. If your account is on hold and the timing of your results are critical, please call our office at(800)990-2939 during business hours.
- Download Results. With the 'Process Now' option, you will be able to download results immediately after processing. If you scheduled processing, we will send you an email with a link to download the results when ready. With both processing options, the output files can be found in My Account > Reports.
- Carrier billing systems
- Real-time number portability check
- Specialized telecommunication databases and live sources
- North American Numbering Plan Administration
- Canadian Numbering Administrator
- SearchBug proprietary data and methods
- Standard Line Type and Carrier:
- From $0.01 to $0.0008 per phone number, depending on volume.
- Advanced Line Type and Carrier:
- From $0.015 to $0.005 per phone number, depending on volume.
- Active Phone Number:
- From $0.08 to $0.05 per phone number, depending on volume.
- Use "Estimate your costs" above for a specific quote.
- There is a $5.00 Minimum Charge
Contact Us by email or Call 800-990-2939 (Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 4:00 pm PST)