Customers May Also Consider This ...
- About this Search
- Your assigned private investigator will find current registered owner information
from vehicle identification number or VIN. This is not an outdated database search, but rather inquiry to Department of Motor Vehicles records. You would need to provide the State, so investigator knows which DMV records to search.
- How to Order
- Enter both VIN Number and State
- Select DPPA Purpose.
- Results Typically Include
- Registered owner name
- Registered owner address (some states prohibit release of address information)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Lien holder (if any)
- Result may vary for different state dues to differences the laws
- Cost of Search
- $87.00 for most states
- Cost is higher for CA, CT, GA, PA and VA. Select State to see the price.
- THIS IS A NON-REFUNDALBE SEARCH. If VIN is not valid or not currently registered in the state requested, you will still be charged. It is your responsibility to enter VIN numbers exactly. Fees paid cover investigator expenses and research time.
- Avg. Turn Around
- 2-5 business days.
- Several states require investigator to mail in requests. Other circumstances may also cause your search to take longer. NJ may take up to five weeks.
- Additional information described in terms of service.
- New customers, please add 1-3 business days for required verbal verification of your new account.