Processing Your Request... Please Wait ...
Identify Landline vs Cell Phone, Carrier and Active vs Disconnected (New)
We significantly reduced cost of the Advanced and Active Phone Number services. Try them today and get better results.
Step 2. Upload Your File
After uploading your file, we will ask you to specify the column with the phone numbers. Then you will need to either login or create a new account, pay, and when processing is complete, download your results.
Estimate your costs
Help and Instructions
- Only TXT or CSV files can be uploaded. Excel and ODP Spreadsheets CAN NOT be processed as-is. If you have phone data in a spreadsheet, save it as Text (Tab delimited) or CSV (Comma delimited). Learn how.
- Your file can contain up to 20 columns in any order.
- The phone number can be in any column and can be in any format (7604547301, 760-454-7301, (760) 454-7301, 17604547301, etc).
- Columns can be separated by tab, comma or pipe (|). Unix, PC and Mac files are supported.
- Your file can have a header row with column titles or not have it.
- Please remove any blank lines from the file to avoid unexpected results.
- We do not check for duplicates or rows that contain invalid records. You are charged for each row of submitted data. Please remove duplicates and clean up data before processing if you do not wish to be charged for them.
- There is no limit on number of records. You can upload files with thousands or even millions of records. For large files, you will be able to schedule processing and get notified by email when processing is complete.
The results will be returned in a CSV (comma-separated values) text file. You can open CSV files with Excel. The file will contain all your original data with new columns added at the end. See below on what's included for each service and field descriptions.
- Line Status. Using Real-time verification in carrier billing systems and other advanced proprietory methods the following statuses are reported
- ACTIVE - Phone number with active billing status
- INACTIVE - Diconnected phone number
- INVALID - Phone number does not exist (e.g. invalid area code or not issued)
- UNKNOWN - Status cannot determined
- Billing Name. For active landline numbers, billing name may be provided
- Line Type. Indentifies how phone is connected to the netwwork. For the Standard service it's the line type of the orginal carrier. The accuracy is still close to 95%, as vast majority of phone numbers have been transferred from one mobile carrier to another, keeping the line type unchnaged. Carrier reported by Advanced and Active Phone Number services is 99.9% accurate.
- LANDLINE - Wired home or business phone number
- CELLULAR - Wireless mobile phone number
- VOIP - Landline number leased to a Voice over IP provider
- UNKNOWN - Inavlid or not yet issued phone number
- OCN. Operating Company Number (Carrier ID)
- Carrier. Phone company (local exchange carrier) name. For the Standard service it's the orginal carrier (about 60% accurate due to number portability). Advanced and Active Phone Number services are 90% accurate, since porting is cheked. Name discrepancy can occur when one carrier was acquired by another. For VOIP, will not see Vonage, Ooma, Google Voice or Skype, but rather a LANLINE carrier (e.g., BANDWIDTH.com, Level 3 Communications) that has leased a range of its phone numbers to a VoIP carrier.
- Date Ported. Date and time when phone number was last ported. We can report porting that occured TODAY!
- SMS Email. For active cell phone numbers, SMS email (e.g. email@example.com) is provided
- Location. Rate Center and/or Central Office location. It can be city name (SEATTLE), city abbreviation (NEWPORTBCH) or code (NWYRCYZN01)
- State. 2-letter code for US State or Canadian Province
- Time Zone. Time Zone of the phone number location (e.g. Eastern Daylight Time).
|Standard||Advanced||Active Phone Number|
- Define Columns. We will show a preview of the uploaded file, where you will tell us which column contains phone numbers.
- Review and Submit Your Order. We will show the processing cost, based on selected service and record count. Then, depending on the file size, you may be given one of the two options or both:
- Process Now - Wait for processing to complete, keeping the page open (5 seconds to 30 minutes).
- Schedule Processing - OK to close browser or use other SearchBug tools. You will receive email when file is ready (same or next day).
- Payment. This step a bit diffrent for exsting or new users.
- Existing users with a regular Pay-As-You-Go account; your saved credit card will be authorized for the shown amount. After your file is complete, we will use that authorization to charge your card.
- Existing users with a Prepaid account; your account balance will be used for the full payment.
- New Users will be asked to sign up and provide a credit card. It's a quick one-page registration process. Our system will authorize your credit card and charge it when your results are ready. Some new accounts may be put on hold for a verbal verification process. If your account is on hold and the timing of your results are critical, please call our office at(800)990-2939 during business hours.
- Download Results. With the 'Process Now' option, you will be able to download results immediately after processing. If you scheduled processing, we will send you an email with a link to download the results when ready. With both processing options, the output files can be found in My Account > Reports.
Here is the overview of the next steps:
- Carrier billing systems
- Real-time number portability check
- Specialized telecommunication databases and live sources
- North American Numbering Plan Administration
- Canadian Numbering Administrator
- SearchBug proprietary data and methods
Cost is based on number of records in your file and it goes down significantly with larger volumes.
- Standard Line Type and Carrier:
- From 1 to 0.1 cents per phone number, depending on volume.
- Volume tiers start at 10,000, 50,000 and 500,000
- Advanced Line Type and Carrier:
- From 3 to 0.6 cents per phone number, depending on volume.
- Volume tiers start at 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 50,000 and 100,000
- Active Phone Number:
- From 10 to 4 cents per phone number, depending on volume.
- Volume tiers start at 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 50,000 and 100,000
- Use "Estimate your costs" above for a specific quote.
- There is a $5.00 Minimum Charge
Contact Us by email or Call 800-990-2939 (Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 4:00 pm PST)