SearchBug offers several ways to find the name behind a phone number. The APIs access different data sources and may return address and other information. Please see service descriptions below. We also offer custom APIs
to suite your needs.
API – Name from Phone
- Use this API to obtain Name of the Current Owner for the phone number from the most advanced up-to-date sources available online.
- Think of it as a Caller ID. The name is returned in one field, which is up to 15 characters long.
- Name Examples: BROWN STEPHANIE, WILLIAMS JENNIF, PIZZA HUT, CENTURY BUICK.
- The API works for US and Canadian landline and cell phone number, but does not return results for Toll free and 1-900 numbers.
- Unlisted and blocked phone numbers may not return the name.
- Typical success rate is 70%.
- Cost is $0.10 per hit. No charge if name is not found.
- Output examples: XML | JSON
API – Reverse Phone Search
- Use this API to obtain last reported name and address for a phone number.
- Multiple business and people directories and databases are searched, including Yellow Pages, White Pages, Public Records and Unlisted Phone Number sources.
- The API is most successful for US landline phone numbers, including toll free numbers. Cell phone number coverage is low. Canadian phone numbers typically return just name, but nor address.
- Cost is $0.25 per hit. No charge if name is not found.
- Output examples: XML | JSON
API – Cell Phone Trace
- Obtain hard to find name and address for the cell phone number from Premium Cell Phone Databases
- Address may not be available for all records.
- This API is for US cell phones only.
- Cost is $1.00 per hit. No charge if name is not found.
- See XML output example
Fast and reliable dedicated data processing server
Secure and private data handling
Quick setup and responsive technical support
XML or JSON format
No Setup Fee, No Contracts
Cancel anytime - no long term contracts
- To use an API you need to sign up for a SearchBug account and select a Prepaid Payment Plan. New customer accounts are activated by customer support the same or next business day.
- With Prepaid Plan, the cost of each API Query is deducted from the established account balance. If noted, you are only charged for a Hit (when information is found).
- Prepaid accounts are automatically recharged when your funds runs low.
- You can select any prepaid amount from $10 to $1,000. If you are just testing the system, select the $10 prepaid account. Your credit card will be charged $10 and you can implement testing.
- When you ramp up or finish testing, we suggest you increase your prepaid account amount to avoid multiple small charges. If you plan to spend $250 per month on searches, use the $250 prepaid amount instead of having 25 charges of $10 each.
- Prepaid amounts never expire. If you decide to stop using the service, you can simply request all unused funds be credited back to your card.
- Once you signed up for a prepaid plan, come back to this page to download the API Documentation